10-31-2014 07:31 AM
this is the message i get when i try to uninstall pc pitstop on my hp g60-125-nr notebook. this program is the one that keeps my computer from staying in sleep mode. how can i remove this program from my computer?
- Mark as New
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Email to a Friend
- Flag Post
messages c:program filesPCPitstopinfo Centerunins000.msg is missing please correct problem
11-03-2014 10:55 AM
Thank you for your query, I will do my best to assist you.
I grasp that when you tried to uninstall PC Pitstop you received an error message, but you did not say what the message was.
If you are unable to remove it in the conventional way I suggest contacting PC Pitstop for assistance as it is their software. Third party software is outside of HP support bounds.
In the meantime here are two links that may help.
When you uninstall or re-install of Reader, in some particular cases, you might encounter the following error.
Message file «C:Program Files (X86)Foxit SoftwareFoxit Readerunins000.msg» is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.
File «C:Program Files (X86)Foxit SoftwareFoxit Readerunins000.dat» does not exit. Cannot uninstall.
This was caused by the corruption of the uninstall program for unknown reason. You can try one of the following ways to throw off the error.
Use /force command to perform an overwriting installation
This way is only applicable for executable Foxit Reader setup file (setup.exe).
Command Usage: «FoxitReader_Setup_.exe» /force
1.Stop the Foxit ConnectedPDF service.
· Right click on Task bar, select Task Manager to Open it.
· Look into the Services tab, see if there is any FoxitReaderService running
there? If so,right click on it and select Stop.
2. Open Command Prompt (cmd).
· To open cmd, right-click Start menu on your system , then select Run,
or press the shortcut Windows key and R.
· Enter cmd in the Open: box and select OK .
3. In the command line, input “ setup.exe” /force, and press Enter. It will take a while before the installation screen comes out.
If the «setup.exe» is «FoxitReader_enu_Setup.exe» and the location where «FoxitReader_enu_Setup.exe» stored is «E:Foxit». In the command line, you will input
Delete registry and perform a new installing
1. Open Registry Editor (regedit).
· To open regedit, right-click Start menu on your system, then select Run,
or press the shortcut Windows key and R.
· Enter regedit in the Open: box and select OK.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallFoxit Reader_is1,delete Foxit Reader_is1.
3. Double click on Foxit Reader Setup.exe file to execute the installing.
If the above options not work, email support by including the following information:
1) Describe what you have done by including this article link.
2) Which version and build you are currently having. To check the information, open Reader, go to Help > About Foxit Reader.
I frequently hit this on my Win7/Vista machines when I run executables that were built from VB6, the following error message appears:
Component ‘filename’ or one o its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
The problem is caused by a component or a dependency file used in this executable is not correctly registered or is missing from the system. The solution is copy the file from another computer that does not experience this problem and register it.
I wrote step by step instructions on how to resolve this problem in this post. It uses comdlg32.ocx as example but instructions also apply for other VB6 component file like richtx32.ocx, mscomctl.ocx, tabctl32.ocx and so on
One thought on “ File is Missing or Invalid Error Message ”
i installed the CHEMTAX and comdlg 32ocx correctly and i get a successful message, but while starting the software by opening the excel folder “TestRunv195-trial” i get this message
ERROR:VB error:File not found-while reading/writing history file.
if i try to open another file the same message appear at the beginning of the chemtax process.
can you help me solve this problem?